Artichoke, Red Onion & Rosemary Risotto
Are you looking for a tasty meal that’s bit different to your usual Friday night dinner tonight? Why not give this low fat artichoke, red onion and rosemary risotto a go? Try experimenting by adding different vegetables and let us know what you think works best! Risotto is super easy to make and brilliant for dinner parties too.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp rosemary needles
- 140g arborio risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 850ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin artichoke hearts in water, drained and halved
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook the onions gently for 6-7 mins until softened and browning. Add the peppers and rosemary and cook for a further 5 mins. Add rice and stir well.
- Pour in the wine and of the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in another of the stock and simmer again, until it’s all absorbed. Add the final with the artichokes and simmer again until rice is tender.
- Season and stir in the Parmesan and ½ the pine nuts. Scatter over the remainder and serve.
We love sharing our healthy recipes with you and would love for you to share yours with us! If you have a favourite recipe you think we should know about please get in touch below or by emailing email@example.com!
We found this tasty recipe here .
If you’re interested in learning more about The Nutribox and how we can make healthy snacking easier for you, please click here.
For the sporty ones among you, you may be interested to know our brand new Sports Nutrition Nutribox launches on 31st August 2013, to find out more please click here.