Healthy Flapjacks Recipe
Here’s a quick, tasty and healthy recipe for flapjacks! Why not give it a go if you feel like doing some baking this week? In the recipe, we included some of The Nutribox snacks, it’s another great way to use them.
We also posted a video of this recipe on our Facebook page, you can have a look at that here.
Firstly, here’s what ingredients you’ll need:
300g of Oats
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Bananas & 1 Apple
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (We used 2 Pip n Nut Pouches)
Any extra treats you’d like to add (We added some Ludlow Fruit & Nut mixes)
And here’s what to do!
1. Peel & grate the apple, then mash the bananas. Mix these together when they’re both well mashed.
2. Heat the honey, peanut butter & coconut oil in a pan until melted. Using Pip n Nut butter pouches was much easier than measuring the peanut butter with a spoon – They’re just ready to squeeze into the mixture!
3. Take the liquid mixture off the heat and add the mashed apple and banana.
4. Add this mixture to the oats in a large bowl and mix until it’s all combined.
5. Add as much water as you need – you may not need all of it!
6. Add your extra treats – Ludlow Fruit & Nut mixes have a variety of tasty nuts, seeds and dried fruits, they’re great for adding flavour and crunchy textures to your bakes.
7. Transfer the mixture into a square baking tray (or any shape tray you desire). Spread it all out to the edges and flatten the top down.
8. Bake the flapjacks for 55 minutes at 160°(140° Fan)
9. Enjoy! (:
If you want to know more about The Nutribox and how to subscribe so you can get hold of some of the snacks we used in this recipe, click here.