National Vegetarian Week: Crunchy Courgette, topped with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Goats Cheese
It is National Vegetarian Week and to celebrate we will be posting a different vegetarian recipe for you to try each day. We hope you will enjoying making some of the dishes we share!
To kick off our week of vegetarian recipes we have crunchy courgette, topped with sun-dried tomatoes and goats cheese, perfect to get you in the mood for summer. We found this really easy but nutritious recipe on Health.com , perfect for delicious little healthy snacks.
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
- 2 Courgette
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (about 24)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Slice courgette into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. (You should have about 24 slices.) Lay out on large platter; season with salt and pepper.
2. Place a sun-dried tomato on each slice, then top each tomato with a pinch of goat cheese. Sprinkle tops with chopped chives, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil; serve.
If you’d like to know how you can snack more healthily click here .