National Vegetarian Week: Onion and Potato Tortillas
It is National Vegetarian Week and we’re sharing some of our favourite vegetarian recipes to celebrate. Give them a try and see if they become your favourites too!
Our recipe for day three is Onion and Potato Tortillas. We found this yummy recipe on Red Online. The following recipe serves 2 people, only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 to cook. With such simple ingredients you can try this dish any day of the week! And if there’s any leftover it makes a great healthy snack when it’s cold too.
- 2 brown onions cut into 12 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g new potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a 20 centimetre frying pan and add the onions. Cook the onions for six to seven minutes or until the onions are soft and lightly brown.
2. Add the potatoes and toss with the onions. Cook for a further five to seven minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
3. Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add the parsley and season. Gently pour the eggs over the onion and potato mixture, shake the pan so the egg mixture runs into all the gaps.
4. Return to a low heat and cook gently for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
5. Place the tortilla under a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes further or until the eggs are completely set and top is lightly brown.
6. Serve with a salad or as part of a packed lunch or picnic.
If you’d like to know how you can snack more healthily click here.