Potato frittata with pesto & goat’s cheese
You can cook this tasty omelette in advance and have it in the fridge as a quick and easy lunch or supper for busy week days or holidays. If you’re feeling ambitious make your own pesto! This dish goes well with a simple leaf salad, or a tomato and basil salad if you want to add some more colour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 medium potatoes (about 600g/1lb 5oz), thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g pack soft rindless goat’s cheese, sliced
- 3 tbsp pesto
- handful rocket leaves
- tomato and basil salad, to serve (optional)
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Mix the garlic and eggs together with some seasoning, then drain the potatoes and stir into the egg.
3. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, then tip in the egg and potato mixture. Cook over a low heat for 5 mins or until two-thirds of the frittata is set, then cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked through.
4. Arrange the goat’s cheese round the edge of the frittata and drizzle with the pesto. Top with rocket and serve with a tomato & basil salad, if you like.
We found this recipe on bbcgoodfood.com