10 Tips For Sticking to Your 2017 Resolutions!
Happy New Year Everyone! We hope you’ve all had a fantastic and well deserved Christmas & New Year break. Now the New Year is here, it’s time to start the path to achieving the goals you set for yourself this year. If you find it difficult to stick to your New Years Resolutions, maybe these handy tips we’ve come up with will be helpful;
For Fitness Resolutions:
- Break up your fitness goals into a series of steps – Rather than tackling all the fitness goals at once and trying to do too much, take on a little at a time.
- Treat yourself to a day of relaxation every so often – Having a day to rest will help keep you going.
- Set yourself a schedule, and stick to it – Staying organised by planning your workouts and goals may make it easier to achieve those goals, and knowing how you’re going to get there might help with motivation.
For Healthy Eating Resolutions:
- Give yourself rewards when you achieve healthy eating goals – By rewarding yourself for sticking to healthy eating resolutions you can keep yourself motivated to continue
- Start a food diary – This is the best way to keep track of your healthy eating routines, you can even add your rewards into the diary as a reminder of what you’ll achieve by staying healthy all week.
- Still eat foods that you enjoy – Starting a new diet is a great excuse to start trying out any new recipes you think you’d like, find ways to continue to eating the foods you love but with healthy ingredients. After all, it will be much more difficult to stick to a diet you don’t enjoy.
For Healthy Lifestyle Resolutions:
- Remember to start each day the healthy way – start with a healthy breakfast, or a smoothie (don’t forget to include veg to for extra vitamins and minerals) and if you can, walk to work.
- Plan your resolutions in advance – take some time to think about what you’d really like to achieve this year, a well thought out plan will be easier to stick to.
- Remember to tell your friends and family about your goals to achieve and stick to a healthy lifestyle – You’re much more likely to stick to, and achieve your resolutions if you have the support of those closest to you
- Last but not least, reassess your resolutions – after trying to achieve a goal for a while you might find it’s not actually what you want to be doing. So change your resolutions if you want to. You’re much more likely to stick to them if you’re doing something you enjoy!
We hope these tips are helpful, good luck with achieving your goals this year, we know you can do it!