Thai Curry with Squash and Pineapple
Not sure what to do with all the insides of the pumpkins you carved this week? This easy curry recipe calls for butternut squash but it would transform pumpkin into an equally tasty curry – quick to prepare before a Friday night out, or make it over the weekend so you’ve got a healthy meal ready for Monday.
Ingredients (serves 4)
· 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
· 1 onion, chopped
· 4 tsp Thai red curry paste
· Medium butternut squash (or pumpkin – you’ll need about 500g of flesh) peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
· half a 400ml / 14 fl oz can reduced-fat coconut milk
· 200ml vegetable stock
· 140g frozen green beans
· 237g can pineapples chunks in natural juice, drained
· Coriander leaves, chopped, and leaves to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Fry the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the red curry paste, then add the squash, coconut milk and stock. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the squash is tender. After 10 mins cooking, tip in the green beans.
2. Stir in the pineapple and coriander, cooking for just a few mins until the pineapple heats through. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve the curry in bowls with noodles or rice.
We found this recipe on the BBC Good Food website